The 4th of July is special day for most Americans. It is the day when the Declaration of Independence was signed and the birth of the United States of America as an independent country. Many people hold parties at home to share this special day with friends and loved ones.
Here are a few Independence Day party ideas that you can try at home:
Load up on party decorations
1. Create a DIY garland by cutting red, blue and while plastic tablecloths or other similar material into strips. Then, tie them to a string of lights (LED or Christmas lights) for an interesting décor you can hang on your porch railing, door jam or any entryway.
3. Buy red, blue, and white cupcake liners of different sizes. Create handmade patriotic flowers by stacking together different sizes of a single color. You can then pin them on tablecloths or stick them to the wall for additional decorations.
4. You can also cut out simple patterns from construction paper and roll them together to create DIY flower décor.
5. For a classy canopy, get red, white, and blue streamers and tie them onto outdoor lights with big bulbs. You can then hang them above your picnic table or a grassy lawn.
Show everyone a good time
If you have a swimming pool, you can host a pool party at home. Make sure to have pool inflatables and loungers to ensure all your guests will have lots of fun.
Organize games in your backyard for both kids and adults. Games can include:
- Costume contest
- Coloring contest (for kids)
- Balloon toss
- Treasure/scavenger hunt
- Obstacle and relay races
Once you’ve decided on the games and activities to do, be sure to plan the prizes. You can check out your local dollar store for some American-themed items like candies, books, toys, and the like.
Remember to keep all your guests in mind when planning your Independence Day celebration. While considering your guests different needs you will ensure they will enjoy everything from the food to the activities.