Just a few weeks from now, several parts of the world will be celebrating Halloween, which means parties and get-togethers. Whether it’s a tradition in your home or it’s your first time to celebrate it, you should make your house look as scary but as fun as possible. Here are the 18 DIY Halloween décor ideas you can try this year:
- Backyard Cemetery – Turn your yard into a creepy cemetery by cutting cardboards into different shapes for the tombstones. Paint them and write “R.I.P.” on them. Then, arrange them on your lawn and to make it look like a graveyard.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Pumpkins – This one of the DIY Halloween décor ideas that can be used to line up your entryway. You will need plastic pumpkins and glow-in-the-dark paint. Create different designs for each of the pumpkin for variety.
- Chicken Wire Ghosts – Chicken wires lying in your yard or garden shed can be used to make eerie ghost shapes. All you need is to form the wire into a ghost shape and hang or place them against your fence for a creepy effect.
- Bat Chandelier – This makes for an on-point décor for Halloween. Cut out black cards into bat shapes. Use embroidery hoops and strings to hang them by your window or main door.
- Coffin Cooler – All you need are some wood you don’t use anymore, nails, cooler and some refreshments. You can opt for a life-size coffin or a smaller one. Place the cooler filled with all sorts of beverages inside it, and voila! You got yourself a coffin cooler.
- Giant Spiders – This one of the best DIY Halloween décor ideas that will definitely spook all your visitors. Stuff black trash bags for the spider’s body. Use smaller plastic bags for the legs and tie together. You can hang them up a tree or place on your yard.
- Hanging Ghosts – You will need Styrofoam balls, black markers and some cheesecloth. Draw eyes on the Styrofoam balls and cover them with the cheesecloth that has been shredded for an added effect. Then, use strings to hang them by the door, your fence and all over the house.
- Ghost-Lit Walkway – Have old milk jugs at home? Draw ghost-like eyes and mouth on them. Then, place artificial candles inside them. Place these DIY Halloween décor ideas by your porch or entryway for a really menacing way to welcome guests.